Why Should I Enrol in the Free Online Landscape Design for Beginners Course
What is Landscape Design?
Landscape and garden design is the improvement and decorative planting of gardens, yards, grounds, parks and other types of areas which enhances the scenery for private properties, commercial buildings and public areas as well as parks and other recreational areas. Landscape design is related to an independent profession of art and design traditions such as culture and nature. This field of design bridges the gap between garden designs and landscape architecture and involves the expertise of horticulture.
What would it take to be a Landscape Designer?
A landscape designer can help bring any garden dreams into a reality by keeping an eye on practical considerations and knowing what are the appropriate plants to use. He or she provides his or her clients guidance, artistic insights and a complete plan of action while keeping the client’s best interest at heart. A landscape designer works closely with clients to create a customized and personal design that works best for their home, lifestyle and unique conditions.
What will you learn when you enrol in this course?
During this course, you will learn concepts used in landscape design and gain knowledge of the principles of landscape design and how to apply them in actual projects:
- Learn to analyse the property from an architectural, environmental, horticultural and artistic point of view and use this analysis to create a customised Master Plan for the site.
- You will be able to determine and develop site-specific solutions to the problems and opportunities of the site using what you have learned in this course, your own experience, your artistic talent and imagination and your own unique creativity.
- You will be able to understand how to give the outdoor space a form and sense of style which will be the heart of your design and will be an expression of your artistry in landscape designing.
- You will be able to gather the most appropriate design elements, materials and plants for the site.
- You will be taught about garden and planting design which can add substantially to the beauty and aesthetics of the site you will be working on. And learn about concepts and details such as layout, lighting and amenities and begin to consider the possibilities incorporated with landscape design.
- You will be taught on how to avoid costly mistakes by helping you be prepared and provide you with a clear direction in which to proceed.
- You will be trained to work with challenging issues in both commercial and residential sites, solving elevation problems and designing or advising where to place service lines, entries, driveways and parking areas.
Landscaping is a task that combines science and art with the understanding of the elements and principles of landscape design. Upon finishing this course, you will be able to turn ideas into a visual reality and be capable to provide solutions to common landscaping problems.
If you have any other questions regarding Landscape Design and/or would like to discuss upcoming Landscape classes with us or to inquire on how to earn an online certificate, please feel free to contact us today!