At which university in Spain can I study interior design?

5 August, 2021 Sharie Fetzer 4

Answers (4):

    7 August, 2021

    Studies show that interior design is a professional degree, not an academic degree. Spain has lots of interior design schools, but Spain doesn't have one university offering a specific course in the field. There are many study programs for Interior Design, all of them at vocational or technical universities (the Spanish equivalent to our community colleges). As for finding out about the quality and prestige of these schools and courses they are scattered around so I couldn't help you there. Even though it's not an affiliate program with one school. I actually did my BA is International Relations at Universidad Complutense de Madrid. It was a really interesting experience because the university's architecture is magnificent.

    7 August, 2021

    The Bartlett is a world-leading school of architecture with an international reputation for building design, property development, and interiors. The course at the Bartlett explores interior architecture from the perspective of users and see designs as actions in changing human environments. It also covers ecological approaches to design and green issues such as sustainability, water harvesting and climate change. Students will have one year's study abroad from their fourth semester of the programme in either London or Funchal on the island of Madeira.

    7 August, 2021

    In Spain, there are many universities and schools with design departments. One of the most recognized is in Madrid, Fundacion Estudios Superiores de Diseño (FESDP), The School of Visual Arts in Barcelona is also well-known. They offer degrees in Architectural Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design and Interior Architecture.

    7 August, 2021

    You would start by choosing a prestigious university with a program for the field of interest, obtaining prerequisites and accrediting units from work experience towards your degree. The programs of interior designers are usually divided into two types: professional or academic. Professional education is given in institutes sponsored by bodies such as the Association for Forensics Experts and Designers, which recommends three year's vocational courses for complementary training to attend college when studying basic subjects in DND (technical engineering). In both cases an understanding of Spanish is not obligatory but it helpfully broaden prospects multifariously that may ensue.